There are many things that you need to consider when optimising website to increase traffic. This is done usually iteratively. Many people will have their own conventions, but here are the questions I ask myself every time I have time to optimize my websites.
- Brand new visitor rarely lands on the home page. Does every page work as landing page?
- Is the metadata alright in e.g. Google’s, Twitter’s or Facebook’s point of view?
- Does the site have good opportunities to spread all over the internet, social media and search engines?
- Are there enough synonyms on the site?
- How do we get more backlinks?
- Are the keywords optimized using Google Keyword Planner?
- Is the code valid?
- Is the site fast?
- Are all the images search-engine-optimized?